Our Investment Funds team is a top ranked, experienced, and dynamic group of specialists, offering a comprehensive legal, regulatory and taxation service to our clients. Clients include international investment banks, asset managers, investors in funds such as pension funds and insurance companies, fund administration groups, global custodians, prime brokers and other financial services organisations.
Team expertise covers all aspects of the Investment Funds industry including:
- The creation and authorisation of funds and financial service organisations in Ireland and other jurisdictions.
- The listing of both Irish domiciled and offshore funds on the Irish Stock Exchange, through A&L Listing Limited, which is an approved sponsoring broker for such listings.
- Drafting fund documentation.
- Day to day operational, legal, administrative and company secretarial issues related to funds, through Goodbody Secretarial Limited.
- Dispute resolution related to the Investment funds sector.
- Compliance and corporate governance specific to Investment funds sector.
- Regulatory developments and the impact of such on clients within the Investment funds and broader financial services sector.
The team is renowned for its innovation and a number of “firsts”, including:
- First UCITS master feeder structure issued in the Irish market.
- First corporate redomiciliation under the recent changes to the Irish Companies Act which enable funds structured as companies to migrate to Ireland by way of continuation.
- First Malaysian investment manager approval to manage and Irish regulated fund.
- First regulated fund to invest solely in gold.
- First regulated fund to invest solely in silver.
A&L Executive Training is another service offered by the Investment Funds team, whereby a range of executive and director training is provided to the Firm’s investment funds clients.