Our Gaming and Betting Group is one of the leading specialists on Irish gaming, betting and lotteries law, combining expertise from across the Firm to give co-ordinated and specialised legal advice to “bricks and mortar” casinos, online casinos, betting exchanges, lotteries, bookmakers and suppliers of software and gaming equipment to the industry. We also advise the Banking and Financial Services sector on all aspects of gaming law. The team has a strong national and international client base based on the following four key elements to our practice:
- Land Based Casinos: in the establishment and operation of their business.
- Online Gaming and Betting: Advice on the application of the Betting Acts and Gaming and Lotteries Acts and on compliance with relevant Irish laws. We also advise on fraud & corporate offences and sanctions which may arise under Irish law.
- Irish Operations & International Schemes: Assisting international companies seeking to invest in Ireland and working with lawyers in other jurisdictions on trans-jurisdictional gaming issues.
- Lottery Licences and Promotions: Preparation of lottery licence applications, advice on the structure of promotions and review of copy material for promotions which may fall within the ambit of the Gaming and Lotteries Acts.
- Commercial Agreements: Advice on a variety of commercial agreements which focus on gaming and lotteries, including the sale of international sportsbooks, casino and poker operations, software licences and maintenance agreements, website hosting and development agreements, confidentiality and consultancy agreements.
We also have a leisure & licensing practice group which works closely with our gaming & betting clients. Joe Kelly & Maire Conneely (email@example.com) - key members of the team - are also regular contributors to international conferences and dialogue on Gaming, Lotteries and Betting sectors and are the only Irish members of the International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL), one of the leading international organisations in this area.
“A&L Goodbody receives plaudits for its excellent teamwork and response times”
The Legal 500