Ireland has become a global centre for aircraft financing and leasing with over 50% of the world's leasing business being located here. Our team, the largest dedicated team in Ireland, is recognised by the international aviation industry as the Irish law firm of choice for experienced and sophisticated advice on aircraft financing. For many decades we have assembled, structured and managed complex cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and domestic financing and tax-based structures often accessing the international capital markets.
Led by Catherine Duffy, former Chair of the legal advisory panel to the Aviation Working Group to the Unidroit Convention on International interests in Mobile Equipment, our aviation team advises manufacturers, airlines, leasing companies, financial institutions, export credit agencies, arrangers and regulatory authorities.
Our expertise includes:
- financing - repossessions
- leasing - insolvency
- capital markets - operational issues
- regulatory matters - dispute resolution
We also advise on the Conventions on International Interest and Mobile Equipment
- the Convention on International Interest and Mobile Equipment
- the Groundholding Directive and the Slots Regulation
- the application of EU and national competition law to the aviation sector
- the provision of airport and port facilities
- all aspects of EU transport law
“Strength across aircraft finance, asset finance and structured finance”