- Is there someone I can discuss opportunities with before I accept an Internship?
- How do I apply for an Internship?
- Who can apply?
- I am second year of a 3 year degree – can I apply for an internship?
- I am in second year of a 4 year degree – can I apply for an internship?
- Must I have studied law?
- Do you have any preference as to where I attained my degree?
- Do you have a preference as to which modules I studied during my law degree?
- How many Interns do you recruit annually?
- Will I be interviewed for traineeship when my internship finishes?
You can discuss the prospect of an internship with Berni Hosty, Partner in charge of our SIP and Clodagh Collier, Trainee & Intern Programme Manager.
You can apply online. You will need to register and apply on the Application Process webpage.
(a) have commenced the penultimate or final year of their degree in the September preceding their application;
(b) be post graduates; or
(c) have successfully obtained a third level degree qualification.
Yes, as you are in your penultimate year of your degree.
No, you must at least be in the penultimate year of your degree. Why? As students still have 2 years of their degree to complete, we find that if students are offered a traineeship at the end of the summer internship programme, it can be difficult to make a decision at that stage, as in order to complete FE1s, there is often a 2-4 year gap between our offer and the start your training contract. It can be hard to make a decision now on where you will be in 4 or 5 years time!as you are in your penultimate year of your degree.
Must I have studied law?
No, not necessarily, we accept degrees from all disciplines.
The number varies from year to year, but normally we recruit between 20-25 in each of June and July. It is important for us to support the Firm’s resource strategy by taking in top calibre Interns who we hope will eventually become part of our Trainee Programme. We are focused on ensuring all Interns have a positive experience with A&L Goodbody whereby each Intern has all the support and training they need during their internship. Therefore, we monitor our intake numbers to ensure we can deliver a quality internship to those who have been offered a placement with the Firm.
Yes, you get an automatic interview for traineeship once you have completed your internship. Summer Interns are interviewed for traineeship in September of each year.