- REITs – They Have Arrived (18 February 2013)
The Minister for Finance flagged in the budget in December 2012 that legislation enabling the formation of Irish real estate investment trusts (REITs) would be included in the Finance Act 2013.
- Tax Client Update: VAT and Property Transactions (04 February 2013)
This alert is intended to highlight certain VAT issues relating to the purchase and management of property which is subject to a lease(s).
- Legislation in the Pipeline – The Government’s Autumn Legislation Programme (09 October 2012)
The government has published its Autumn legislation programme. We have set out below some of the most significant legislation coming down the tracks.
- Start Mortgages Decision Revisited (24 July 2012)
Two recent judgments, in EBS Limited v. Gillespie and McEnery v. Sheehan, will provide good news to many lenders concerned about the potential loss of statutory rights in the wake of the Start Mortgages decision and welcome clarity to potential acquirers of loan portfolios.
- Weekly Update of Irish Legal Developments 24 July 2012 (24 July 2012)
Recent Developments in Corporate Governance, Proposed Amendments to the UK Takeover Code, Public Consultation on the Credit Union Bill 2012, Start Mortgages Decision Revisited, Third UK Company Convicted of Corporate Manslaughter, Betting (Amendment) Bill 2012 Published.