Sheena Doggett is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department and has worked with A&L Goodbody for more than 20 years. A&L Goodbody's M&A team has been ranked No.1 Irish M&A Law Firm for 2012 by each of the leading international research publications – Mergermarket, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and Corpfin
Sheena's key areas of expertise include Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Private Equity, Employee Benefits, Corporate Restructuring, Corporate Governance and General Commercial Matters.
Sheena’s practice involves working on behalf of a wide range of domestic and international corporations, both public and private and for private equity funds and financial institutions, with significant operations in Ireland.
Sheena assists corporations across a broad range of legal, regulatory, commercial and financial affairs. Her work includes advising on and negotiating:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity Fundraising and Transactions
- Corporate Restructurings – including Insolvencies
- General Commercial and Regulatory Affairs across a broad range of Irish businesses and foreign businesses establishing in Ireland
- Employment and Industrial Relations – including the establishment and structuring of ESOPs
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Boardroom Affairs and Corporate Governance
Recently Sheena has led:
- Funds managed by Apollo on the acquisition of the MBNA Irish.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on its acquisition of RBS Aerospace.
- HSBC on its disposal by auction of its insurance and reinsurance operations.
- Telecity Group on its acquisition of Data Electronics.
- Creganna Tactx Medical’s sale to Funds managed by Permira.
- The refinancing of TV3.
- The acquisition of Airtricity by Scottish & Southern Energy.
- The acquisition of Beamish & Crawford by Heineken.
- The sale of TV3 to Doughty Hanson.
- The restructuring of SR Technics Irish operations.
- The sale of Irish Shell to Topaz.
- The establishment of European HQs for various multinationals - including Kellogg & Doosan Bobcat.
Sheena is recommended by a number of legal publications and directories including IFLR1000, Chambers Global, PLC Which Lawyer?, and The Legal 500. "Sheena is admired by commentators as a tough lawyer who builds good relationships with her clients" (Chambers Global). Chambers Global describes her as “fantastic” and is “adept at handling difficult issues.” Clients see her as “extremely competent and responsive” as well as “pleasant and personable.” In Chambers Global she is described as a “no-nonsense and immensely capable lawyer.”
- BCL, University College Dublin, 1986
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 1990